Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

imranami
Helper I
Helper I

Line Graph with Cumulative Sum and Cumulative Amount

Hi everyone,

I have a table joined to a calendar table. I want to display the cumulative number of postings in the axis and cumulative balance in the values field of a line graph. I am been using cumulative DAX formulas from the forums but I am struggling to get this to display correctly.

Any support would be appreciated.

Regards,

ImranAmi

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's true,you can't use measures as an axis at the moment.
You need to request the data source provider to create "cumulative count" columns.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@imranami 

Please refer to this post to get the cummulative sum.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Cumulative-YTD-total/m-p/832712

If this helps, mark it as solution.

If not, please provide the sample data to assist.

Connect on LinkedIn

Thanks you for your response. The following DAX has helped for the sum:

Cumulative Balance =
CALCULATE(
    [Total Balance],
    FILTER(
        ALL( Dates[Date] ),
        Dates[Date] <= MAX( Dates[Date])
    )
)

However for the cumulative count, I just realised I am struggling to create this visual because you cannot use a measure in the X Axis but need to use a calculated column. My source data is from a push dataset and I am limited to measures only. Unless there is another method I may need to request the data source provider to include a cumulative count.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Using-a-measure-as-the-axis-of-a-column-chart/td-p/398394

That's true,you can't use measures as an axis at the moment.
You need to request the data source provider to create "cumulative count" columns.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.