Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MMMiranda
Frequent Visitor

Line Chart - Only displays up to 10 Lines at a Time

Hi everyone, thanks for your help in advance.  I have a line chart displaying data from a flow sensor, with dates on the x-axis and the sensor reading values on the y-axis.  Average daily values are plotted from March 2021 - March 2022.  Each line is from a different sensor.  I also have axis sliders turned on.

The chart will display up to 10 lines, but choosing an 11th line does not add it to the chart.  Any combination of 10 sensors can plot, so the issue is not with any specific data.  They are all within similar ranges, so they are not displaying somewhere outside my axis range.  

Is there any setting I can adjust to increase the number of lines plotted simulatneously?  I am using Version 2.102.845.0 64-bit (February 2022)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! I had this same problem. Turn off the high density sampling under properties.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MMMiranda ,

What do you mean 10 lines, Is it the number of lines that can be displayed on the line chart?

vkalyjmsft_0-1648715161928.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

Yes, exactly.  My line chart is only displaying up to 10 lines at a time, even though I want to display up to 19 together.

MMMiranda_0-1649077118390.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MMMiranda , You can create a Rank or TOPN measure for the sensor(legend) and you can use a visual level filter to have only 10 lines. Use allexcept so that it does not take filter of axis

For Rank Refer these links
https://radacad.com/how-to-use-rankx-in-dax-part-2-of-3-calculated-measures
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Dynamic-TopN-made-easy-with-What-If-Parameter/ba-p/3...

Hi amitchandak, I actually have the opposite problem.  I would like to display all lines together, but the chart will only display up to 10.  I do not understand why it is limiting the number of series displayed.  Thanks.

Hi! I had this same problem. Turn off the high density sampling under properties.

THANK YOU!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.