Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aitee
Frequent Visitor

Last 12 or "X" amount of hours as filter on over 5 years of data

Hi All, 

Please i need some help as i am stuck and need to deliver some progress on my Project before the holidays. 

I've got repository of prodcution data for well over 5 years, however we have meetings daily where we try to reference data for:

- Last 6 Hours

- Last 12 hours 

etc as seen below

Aitee_0-1703174813922.png

I have tried to use time slicer to do this without success, the data returns seems to be wrong ( i am getting data retuned when i select 2024 and no data when i select 2023 which is my reference year. I have also not been successful at breaking this granually to last 6 hours and 12 hours (in trying so many things i may have over created tables i may not need and i am kind of overwhlemed now). Any help will be appreciated. See screen shot below for context: 

when i select 2024 i get data returns

Aitee_1-1703175110080.png

when i choose 2023 (reference year) - No DATA 

Aitee_2-1703175160070.png

Lastly, on the current data source i do not have any entry for 2024 (as i have reduced data from source to only 2 months to help in faster processing). Please help with any ideas. 

regards, 

Aitee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Might be easier to teach your users how to use the filter pane. It has all the relative date and time filters built-in.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aitee
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @lbendlin 

Filter pane (Slicers) worked easily and provided a solution easier than what i had designed

Aitee
Frequent Visitor

thanks @lbendlin . I just tried this out but doesnt give me perfectly what i want. 

I just sent you a Direct Message

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Might be easier to teach your users how to use the filter pane. It has all the relative date and time filters built-in.

Aitee
Frequent Visitor

thanks @lbendlin I chose "referenceDate = TODAY()"

so the intent is to get last 6 hours from current date and time.

sorry for my late reply.  Just got back from the holidays 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

So you choose the 2023 year and want to see the last 6 hours of data?  How is that going to work?  Or do you choose a certain point of time in the 2023 year?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.