Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

HalloWorld
Advocate I
Advocate I

Keep text in destination format of the textbox when pasting

I wonder whether I can paste text in an already formatted textbox so that the newly pasted text takes over the destination format, like bold and size in the following textbox:

HalloWorld_0-1713798822085.png

If I copy and paste "MyTestPasting" from a plain text editor, I do not get the destination format, and Ctrl+Shift+V does not take up the format either:

HalloWorld_1-1713798957554.png

How can I paste into a new format so that I do not need to write down the text again only to stick to the given format?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @HalloWorld 

In the Power BI text box, Power BI allows keeping the different formats of text like Bold, red color text, normal text, etc in the same box. When you paste the new text, format you need to set it manually. 
Or you can use the blank button and the text-in button. When you enter new text, it will keep the same format you mentioned in the button text format.

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HalloWorld
Advocate I
Advocate I

So the answer is "No", but there is a blank button or a text-in button. I tried a blank shape (I do not know what you mean by Text-in field) and followed Solved: Adding Text to Power BI Shape or Button - Microsoft Fabric Community, so that I can change the Text under Style -> Text and keep the format of the shape. That works, thanks.

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @HalloWorld 

In the Power BI text box, Power BI allows keeping the different formats of text like Bold, red color text, normal text, etc in the same box. When you paste the new text, format you need to set it manually. 
Or you can use the blank button and the text-in button. When you enter new text, it will keep the same format you mentioned in the button text format.

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.