Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gilmore_staci
Helper I
Helper I

Keep Date range the same when you click on each card

gilmore_staci_0-1714152331384.png

I have this group of cards with shapes set to bookmark actions.  If I change the date range to 2 weeks (or anything else) when you click on the card's shape, a different graph will show.  When I click on one, the date range defaults back to what it was when I created the bookmark.  Is there a way for it to stay at the date range I chose and click on any of the card's shape without it defaulting back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kpost
Super User
Super User

I don't believe card visuals can be assigned an "Action" in Power BI, so clicking them should have no effect on your bookmarks.

Furthermore, I don't believe cards can have 'interactions' or cross filter other visuals when clicked, so it shouldn't have any effect on your slicers either.  

Is this definitely Power BI Desktop?  Are those definitely card visuals?

If you put a bookmark ON TOP of those cards, then you need to de-select 'Data' from the actions taken by those bookmarks.

no_data.png

/// Mediocre Power BI Advice, but it's free ///

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gilmore_staci
Helper I
Helper I

ahhhh, thank you!

You're welcome!  Happy data mining

///Mediocre Power BI advice, but it's free///

gilmore_staci
Helper I
Helper I

@kpost sorry, used the wrong term, its a shape with an action

In that case, you need to modify the bookmarks to only affect DISPLAY and not DATA.

I have edited my original response with a screenshot.

///Mediocre Power BI Advice, but it's free///

kpost
Super User
Super User

I don't believe card visuals can be assigned an "Action" in Power BI, so clicking them should have no effect on your bookmarks.

Furthermore, I don't believe cards can have 'interactions' or cross filter other visuals when clicked, so it shouldn't have any effect on your slicers either.  

Is this definitely Power BI Desktop?  Are those definitely card visuals?

If you put a bookmark ON TOP of those cards, then you need to de-select 'Data' from the actions taken by those bookmarks.

no_data.png

/// Mediocre Power BI Advice, but it's free ///

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.