Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Trayfen
Frequent Visitor

KPI Visual (Blank) on date span using .[Date]

I was trying to use the KPI visual of a moving average measure, over a series of dates ( non-unique, so there are many duplicate dates).  I was having a bizarre problem with the dates that came from Salesforce Objects as they are date/time/timezone format, however, their type could not be changed simply to date.  I would get an error mentioning that I cannot aggregate data using a limit funtion.  So I just duplicated the column in the query with a custom column and then changed the type and things worked.  However, if I used .[Date], hierarchy type, it would say my moving average measure was (Blank) in the KPI visual.  I checked the dates using a table tile and it was showing dates in the future, yet when I look at the data directly there were no future dates.  This is historical data so there should be no future dates.  Yet after hours of fumbling around, I discovered that removing the .[Date] from the end of my dates column, the problem was corrected.  I thought .[Date] only collected the date (for example if it was a DateTime, then only output the date). However it appears to rather have a different purpose, more functionality than returning the date, or it has a bug.  My problem is solved, but just wanted to bring this up in case it causes problems for someone else as well.  If someone wiser than I know what is happening, by all means, let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Trayfen
Frequent Visitor

I take back my previous post.  I misunderstood what .[Date] did.  If your date column has missing dates, .[Date] will create a complete date list filling in all the dates that were missing. Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Trayfen
Frequent Visitor

I take back my previous post.  I misunderstood what .[Date] did.  If your date column has missing dates, .[Date] will create a complete date list filling in all the dates that were missing. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.