Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

najmead
Frequent Visitor

It's 2022... is Power BI really this bad with fonts?

I've come across several guides online, but given they are usually a few years old I wanted to make sure there weren't any updates to Power BI to make this process easier..

In order to use a custom font, I need to...

1. Create a custom theme

2. Download the theme as a json file

3. Edit the json file by hand

4. Re-upload the theme

... just to be able to see a font that is already installed?

Furthermore, the moment I edit an existing visual and change the font... it becomes impossible to ever change it back to the custom font because the custom font doesn't ever appear in any drop-down boxes.

And let's say I have two different custom fonts -- one for headings and one for body text.  Text boxes can only ever use one of those fonts and never the other.  So if I had a text box that serves as a page heading, I can use my heading font, but all the other text boxes on the page will use the same font.

Seriously?  It's 2022... sure you can do better than that Microsoft?

1 REPLY 1
hnguy71
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@najmead hehehe if you think that's already a headache, just wait until you share your report on Power BI Service or to others... if they don't have your custom font, it defaults back to Times New Roman.

It's best that you don't deviat from the built-in fonts. If you want more font options, the best way is to submit a new idea.

Did I answer your question?
Please help by clicking the thumbs up button and mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.