Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

prathmeshb27

Isuue in data model (Urgent)

I am not understanding how to connect these two tables in data model.

Because of this I am unable to do the report. I am getting error as two tables are not related.

Can you tell me which fields to connect and how? what should be the cardinality and cross filter direction? 

Dataset link= 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nk2_y-cRXaJJb2q1KvhhwdoziqGNthqQ/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10502...

Dashboard Requirements:

1. Broker Performance Tables:

• Construct "Top 10 Brokers" tables based on Gross Written Premium (GWP) for Open Market, Facilities, and Combined, in the 'Broker Stats' tab.
  • Incorporate a new column showing the difference between actual and planned GWP as a percentage of the planned GWP.

3. Business Class Analysis Table:

• Using the 'Class Stats' tab, design a table showcasing Planned Premium, Earned Premium, and GWP for various business classes.
  • Add columns to display Earned Premium and GWP as percentages of Planned Premium.
6 REPLIES 6
Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

1) I changed the data type for the column Year for the two tables

Alex87_1-1714987912615.png

2) I created a relationship one to many from the dates table Date to the year as mentioned.

Alex87_0-1714987831559.png

what exactly is not working for you in the provided solution?

Can you send this pbix file?

I cannot upload a PBIX as I receive an error message. I suppose you are looking for the M code for the date table. You can find it here:

Extended Date Table (Power Query M function) - Power Query / M Code Showcase - Enterprise DNA Forum

Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello

Your two tables share 1 common field: Year. You need to transform the Year column to a date, for ex 2021 = 01/01/2021. The relationship in your model should be from a Dates table : Dates[Day] to the new Year Column for both Broker Stats & Class Stats (that are essentially your Fact Tables). Relationship will be One to Many. 

If it helps, please mark my reply as the solution. Thanks. 

The two tables are not getting connected with this model sir.

Not working. Can you make model and show ? as I have sent dataset link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.