Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CJunior

Issue with Accessing DAX Formulas in Power BI Desktop after Downloading Published Dashboard

Hello everyone, I have a question about a small issue that occurred. Well, basically I'm using Power BI Desktop and Power BI web in Microsoft 365 with different workspaces. The dashboards are built in Power BI Desktop and published in the workspaces.

What happened was, someone built 2 measures in one of the dashboards and published that dashboard, the metrics working correctly and appearing in Power BI web, but if I were to download the dashboard, for example, I can see the measures in my Power BI Desktop data tab but when I click on the measures I am not able to see the DAX formula used to create that metric.

The possible justification I found for this is that if the person made the formulas on a local machine other people cannot access them even if they download the published dashboard.

This is a problem because it means that if I no longer have contact with that person or something happens to their machine we would lose all the codes used, even though the metrics are working and appearing normally when published

I want to know why this happens and if there's a way to resolve it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bmejia
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

One possible reason is that the report you downloaded is using the dataset from a different report.  Usually you won't see a table view option.  If this is the case then you would need to identify the dataset being use by going into transform data/Data Source Setting.  Then look for the report and make the changes there.

Bmejia_0-1712175332480.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bmejia
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

One possible reason is that the report you downloaded is using the dataset from a different report.  Usually you won't see a table view option.  If this is the case then you would need to identify the dataset being use by going into transform data/Data Source Setting.  Then look for the report and make the changes there.

Bmejia_0-1712175332480.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.