Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ergocorp
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to create special level hierarchies?

Hi all, I have a matrix that down one side has a column for say Store Location (rolls up Branch, Region, and Sector). Along the top I have the dates that are broken down by say Period and Year.

For each of these I have two measures that go into my values, 'Not Charged to Client', and 'To Be Written Off'.

So expanded a bit, it looks like this:

ergocorp_0-1714728044935.png

Now I'd like a total of those two columns, but not all the way to the right, or a measure

Total = [Not Charged] + [Written Off]

to be added either as a third value or replacing the other two. What I'd like is some functionality where it lists the total, but you are able to drill down one level to see what makes that up. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ergocorp ,

Sorry for being late.
After my test, measure cannot be drilled through or drilled down to other two measures, whether they are in the matrix visual or not.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ergocorp
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for investifgating.

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ergocorp ,

I really can't understand what effect you are trying to achieve, especially with these sentences: "not all the way to the right, or a measure" and "to be added either as a third value or replacing the other two". What do they mean?
I have tried the measure and put the measure into the Values of the matrix and it is just looks as below:

vjunyantmsft_0-1714967888565.png

And the Total can be drilled down.
Please provide sample data and your desired results, otherwise it's really hard to understand what your needs are. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, that is exactly along the lines of what I want, but I am wondering if the total column can be displayed and then drilled down to 'Not Charged' and 'Written Off' (on the same level as each other) instead of displaying all 3 at the same time.

Hi @ergocorp ,

Sorry for being late.
After my test, measure cannot be drilled through or drilled down to other two measures, whether they are in the matrix visual or not.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.