Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Irache
Helper II
Helper II

Invisible bar chart ?

Hello everyone,

I have a column with a lot of modality (approximatively 100) and I want to use them as a legend in my stacked chart. The result is the following  :

Irache_0-1702908767464.png

They don't have as much color as modality, consequently we see invisible bar chart. Only 84 modality have a color and I really need to see all of them. Can we change the color allocation limit ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Irache ,

By default, Power BI uses a color palette with a limited number of colors, which can result in some categories not being assigned a unique color.

Please have a try.

• Custom Color Palette:
    You can create a custom color palette by defining specific colors for each category.
  • Grouping or Aggregating Data:
    Consider grouping similar modalities together. For instance, if you have multiple subcategories within a broader category, aggregate them.This reduces the number of distinct colors needed and simplifies the visualization.
  • Alternate Visualization Types:
    If the stacked chart becomes too cluttered, explore other visualization types like a treemap, bar chart, or table.

Tips and tricks for formatting in reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Define colors on a Power BI paginated report chart using a palette - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Irache ,

By default, Power BI uses a color palette with a limited number of colors, which can result in some categories not being assigned a unique color.

Please have a try.

• Custom Color Palette:
    You can create a custom color palette by defining specific colors for each category.
  • Grouping or Aggregating Data:
    Consider grouping similar modalities together. For instance, if you have multiple subcategories within a broader category, aggregate them.This reduces the number of distinct colors needed and simplifies the visualization.
  • Alternate Visualization Types:
    If the stacked chart becomes too cluttered, explore other visualization types like a treemap, bar chart, or table.

Tips and tricks for formatting in reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Define colors on a Power BI paginated report chart using a palette - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thanks for your advice I have already thought about these means but this is a mandatory information that I really need to show. I have found an alternative solution for my issue. 

rubinboer
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi @Irache do you have a id on you rrecord, if such you can use that in the column conditional formatting section.

Consider having 100 categories, the id is from 1 - 100 thus the gradient scale will provide you what you need, e.g.:

Colour without blanks.gif

It will doesn't work it's a categorial column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.