Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ashmozzart
Frequent Visitor

Indivual roles and group roles in power bi

Hi,

I have Managers and Employees in the organization where some group of employees falls under each manager.So i have employee column where i created RLS for each employee.so whenever an employee logs in he should see his own data.I donot have a columns to define managers.So is there a way that using that employee column and define multiple roles for each manager.or can anyone suggest me what is the procedure that when a manager logs in,he should see the data that belongs to summation of all employees that falls under that manager.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @ashmozzart,

At least, you need "relationship between employee & managers". After that, DAX with your permission design in data structure will help you to achieve your expectation. 

For implement dynamics permission with DAX, you could refer: http://sqltopossible.blogspot.com/2016/11/dynamic-row-level-security-rls-on-power.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @ashmozzart,

At least, you need "relationship between employee & managers". After that, DAX with your permission design in data structure will help you to achieve your expectation. 

For implement dynamics permission with DAX, you could refer: http://sqltopossible.blogspot.com/2016/11/dynamic-row-level-security-rls-on-power.html

Hi tringuyenminh92,

Thanks a lot.That Works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.