Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rbhattacharya
Helper I
Helper I

Index Column Values Getting Changed After Refreshing Connected View

Hello,

I have a matrix visual which is populating data from a SQL view. Please refer to the attached screenshots.

For each of the line items present in "Desc1" field, the corresponding monthly field values are displayed. For arranging the "Desc1" field names in a certain order, I introduced a "Index" column and arranged the index accordingly for creating the order. However, after refreshing the view, the "Index" column values changed and rearranged itself. Before refresh, the underlying view structure was changed once. Now when I'm trying to change the index values once again in "Edit Query", the same is not getting reflected. I've attached screenhots of the matrix both before and after refreshing the view. I'm little confused regarding how "Index" column works.

Any help is appreciated. Is there any other way of arranging the field names in a certain order apart from using Index column?

Before Refresh Screenshot

rbhattacharya_0-1624453792222.jpeg

After Refresh Screenshot

rbhattacharya_1-1624453813619.jpeg

Regards,

RB

2 REPLIES 2
Yerece
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. I had created an index on Power Query, and try to classify 3 columns before create the index, and even so the index is changing. I need it fixed. 

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @rbhattacharya ,

You can try to add an index in the Power query to see if there will be changes after refresh.

Enter Power query through Transform data, Add Column – Index Column – From 1.

vyangliumsft_1-1624602701500.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.