Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ilana105
Helper I
Helper I

Improving performance on comparing this year to last year chart

Hello all,

I have created a couple of charts in which I show the YTD data of 2017 in columns and complete 2016. in line chart The thing is that, when I filter by date, I want to have the data from 2016 too, so I can always compare both years. In these pictures you can see the whole chart and the filtered chart:

image.pngimage.png

Having this objective in mind, I created these two variables:

Revenue 2017 = CALCULATE([Revenue];FILTER(Table1;Table1[Date]>= DATE(2017;01;01) && Table1[Date] < TODAY()))
Revenue 2016 = [Revenue](DATEADD(DATESYTD(Table1[Date]);-1;YEAR))

[Revenue] is a measure that calculates the sum of revenue with a certain code.

It worked before perfectly, but had some lags in performance. However, I have loaded more data and now it's going extremely slow, and sometimes it even doesn´t have enough space in memory to load the data (see picture below)

Data load.PNG

Do you know any solution that could provide the same result and filter experience and at the same time improve the performance?

Thank you very much!!

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@ilana105 how much memory are you working with?  is this in imported mode?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have 8 GB and I am working with 4 tables mainly with 11 million rows, 5 million, 4 million and 2 million respectively. That graph is just one of the 5 that I want to create with the same logic: to be able to filter and see the first months of 2017, but at the same time I have in another column or line the value from the same month last year

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ilana105,

Is it possible to share the simplified version of your .pbix? It helps to analyze the problem.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

How can I share the file? I have tried to upload it as a photo but I can´t

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.