Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

trangvo
Frequent Visitor

Import jira project to PowerBI

Hello,

I am looking in the forum for many days and tried almost all the solutions but can't make to import a project jira (jira server) desktop. 

Could anyone have a suggestion ? API ? 

I don't have any connector plugin.

Thank you in advance for your advise.

Regards,

T

5 REPLIES 5
Aryna
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @trangvo , you can check out Alpha Serve on the Atlassian website. However, be aware that it can cost up to $30,000 for larger teams. Alternatively, you can use this one-time service that installs a script to connect Power BI and Jira: https://vidi-corp.com/how-to-connect-jira-to-power-bi/

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@trangvo , You might have to explore JIRA rest APIS in That case.

Hi @amitchandak 

Thank you for your reply. 

Is this page for JIRA cloud? I am using JIRA server if there are differents between 2 versions. 

Is it possible that you can give me more details about this process? I am neither a server administrator nor a developer.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @trangvo ,

This REST API is for JIRA cloud platform and most operations in this API require permissions. Refer this document about permissions:

How do Jira permissions work? 

In addition, if you are using JIRA server, you can try to use the third-party connector to connect to power bi directly:

Power BI Connector for Jira 

Or try to use ODBC connector to import JIRA data to power bi:

How to Import JIRA data in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I am looking for a solution without the connector or plugin if possible. 

Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Many thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.