Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ThomasWeppler
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I need help to optimize Dax

Hi power BI community
I have a tabel that looks at diffrent states a task can come through todostaehistory
For each row I want to see if the same task todostaehistory [todoid] has been accepted at a later stage.
So my first line look make sure that we only look at the tasks that are offers todostatehistory[stateid] = 13.
So each row where this isn't the case we can just put a blank value.
The problem really come with VAR nextDate
Here each row look thorugh each other row where the stateid = 13 and l
and find the next row on the same task todostatehistory[todoid] made at a later point in time and with a diffrent todostatehistory[stateid].

Here is the DAX:

Accepted =
IF (
    todostatehistory[stateid] <> 13,
    BLANK (),
    VAR currentDate = Todostatehistory[date]
    VAR currentState = todostatehistory[stateid]

VAR nextDate =
        SELECTCOLUMNS (
            CALCULATETABLE (
                TOPN ( 1, todostatehistory, Todostatehistory[id] ),
                ALLEXCEPT ( todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] ),
                todostatehistory[stateid] <> currentState,
                Todostatehistory[date] > currentDate
            ),
            "@val", Todostatehistory[date]
        )
    RETURN
        nextDate
)

My problem is that each row looks though each other row to find the right date. This means that the memory required to update my report grows exponential as I get more rows and that is obviously unsustainable.
Does any of your bright folks have an idea to how I can get around this issue?
All help is greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ThomasWeppler , try like

new column =
Maxx(filter(todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] = earlier(todostatehistory[todoid] ) && Todostatehistory[date] > earlier(Todostatehistory[date]) ), Todostatehistory[date])

Or break into two column
or create a rank first - new columns
rank = Rankx(filter(todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] = earlier(todostatehistory[todoid] )), Todostatehistory[date],,asc,dense)

new column date=
Maxx(filter(todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] = earlier(todostatehistory[todoid] ) && Todostatehistory[rank] > earlier(Todostatehistory[rank])+1 ), Todostatehistory[date])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ThomasWeppler , try like

new column =
Maxx(filter(todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] = earlier(todostatehistory[todoid] ) && Todostatehistory[date] > earlier(Todostatehistory[date]) ), Todostatehistory[date])

Or break into two column
or create a rank first - new columns
rank = Rankx(filter(todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] = earlier(todostatehistory[todoid] )), Todostatehistory[date],,asc,dense)

new column date=
Maxx(filter(todostatehistory, todostatehistory[todoid] = earlier(todostatehistory[todoid] ) && Todostatehistory[rank] > earlier(Todostatehistory[rank])+1 ), Todostatehistory[date])

Thanks @amitchandak It worked perfectly. 
You are a Power BI God.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.