Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

spagad6263
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to use KPI card to navigate to a particular page>

Hi, I would like to add a KPI card (or other visuals) to perform below tasks.

spagad6263_0-1715573228492.png

1. show total number of invoice

2. Allow user to click the card and navigate to a page (eg, Invoice Details)

Can this be achieved? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@spagad6263 

Yes, you can achieve both tasks using Power BI. You can create a KPI card visual to display the total number of invoices, and then you can configure it to act as a button that navigates to another page when clicked. Here's how you can do it:

1. Create a KPI Card Visual:

• In Power BI Desktop, go to the "Visualizations" pane.
    • Click on the "KPI" card visual icon to add it to your report canvas.
    • Drag the "Total Number of Invoices" field into the "Value" well of the KPI card.
    • You can customize the KPI card formatting, such as the title, target value, trend icons, etc., according to your preference.
  2. Configure the KPI Card as a Button:

• With the KPI card selected, go to the "Format" pane.
    • Expand the "Action" section.
    • Toggle on the "Action" switch.
    • Choose the "Page navigation" option from the "Type" dropdown menu.
    • Select the target page (e.g., "Invoice Details") from the "Destination" dropdown menu.
    • Optionally, you can specify a tooltip message to display when hovering over the KPI card.

Now, when users click on the KPI card, they will be navigated to the specified page (e.g., "Invoice Details").

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
spagad6263
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thanks for your advice.

I couldn't see the Format option as I might use an older version of Power BI Desktop. Anyhow, I've managed to add the KPI card to a Blank button, group them and enable button's navigation feature. 

@spagad6263  glad that it worked. 🙂

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@spagad6263 

Yes, you can achieve both tasks using Power BI. You can create a KPI card visual to display the total number of invoices, and then you can configure it to act as a button that navigates to another page when clicked. Here's how you can do it:

1. Create a KPI Card Visual:

• In Power BI Desktop, go to the "Visualizations" pane.
    • Click on the "KPI" card visual icon to add it to your report canvas.
    • Drag the "Total Number of Invoices" field into the "Value" well of the KPI card.
    • You can customize the KPI card formatting, such as the title, target value, trend icons, etc., according to your preference.
  2. Configure the KPI Card as a Button:

• With the KPI card selected, go to the "Format" pane.
    • Expand the "Action" section.
    • Toggle on the "Action" switch.
    • Choose the "Page navigation" option from the "Type" dropdown menu.
    • Select the target page (e.g., "Invoice Details") from the "Destination" dropdown menu.
    • Optionally, you can specify a tooltip message to display when hovering over the KPI card.

Now, when users click on the KPI card, they will be navigated to the specified page (e.g., "Invoice Details").

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.