Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cshi
Frequent Visitor

How to show or hide based on the selection of a slicer

Hi,

I have a Gauge visualization, showing the difference between target and the actual number. There is a slicer controlling the visualization. However, the Budget indicator in the slicer doesn't have target and actual value. How can I hide the Gauge visualization when I select the Budget indicator in the slicer, while the visualization is shown when select on other indicators in the slicer?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @cshi , 
You can do two things to achieve it..
1. You can create bookmarks and pass those actions accordingly. 

2. This will be the best option: 
        Create a measure Highlighting Visual = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Slicer_Column) = "Budget Indicator",0,1)
  Then drag this measure under the filters on this visual of Gauge Chart and under advanced filtering options use "is" 1. Then this will show the Gauge chart masked when Budget Indicator is selected and it shows data when others are selected.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @cshi , 
You can do two things to achieve it..
1. You can create bookmarks and pass those actions accordingly. 

2. This will be the best option: 
        Create a measure Highlighting Visual = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Slicer_Column) = "Budget Indicator",0,1)
  Then drag this measure under the filters on this visual of Gauge Chart and under advanced filtering options use "is" 1. Then this will show the Gauge chart masked when Budget Indicator is selected and it shows data when others are selected.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.