Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Kandarp
Helper I
Helper I

How to show average in total of column which is aggregated by sum

I am trying to show an average in total. That column has aggregate by SUM. Please see below example (screenshot attached). I have done some research but I am not sure is it really achievable or not. I need some guidance. Thank you.

Kandarp_0-1662702235504.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi

Create the measure as below and use it in your visual against the original Sales amount :

Average of salesAmnt = DIVIDE(sum(Sheet176[Sales Amount]), DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet176[Product Name])))
MahyarTF_0-1662705382113.png

The right one is used the new measure

Appreciate your Kudos

Mahyartf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kandarp
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @MahyarTF 

Thanks a lot. This works like a charm. 

MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi

Create the measure as below and use it in your visual against the original Sales amount :

Average of salesAmnt = DIVIDE(sum(Sheet176[Sales Amount]), DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet176[Product Name])))
MahyarTF_0-1662705382113.png

The right one is used the new measure

Appreciate your Kudos

Mahyartf

Hi @MahyarTF ,

Is there anything we can do to improve the performance here? Above measures slows down the peroformance in direct query mode. I have 14-15 columns in a table. I really appreciate any guidance here. 

Hi @Kandarp ,

Not sure what the solution is ?

I usually use the performance Analyzer to trace and improve the visuals performance.

Mahyartf

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.