Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to multiply Measure with Fixed value from different table

Hi everyone,

I've made the following table containing two items from the "Master" data sheet with product facts (Product Gegevens); ProductID and PurchasePrice. Also I've created a Running Total Measure "Totaal Voorraad". I'd like to multiple this measure (middle column) with the right colum (purchase price). The following formula won't be accepted, hence I've tried to use RELATED and RELATEDTABLE in order to make it work. This didn't do the trick unfortunately.... 

QuestionCommunity2.PNG

QuestionCommunity.PNG

Does anyone has a solution for this issue?

Tyson.

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
What is the relationship between the 2 tables, connect by which field? Is it possible to share the sample pbix.

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-pazhen-msft / Paul,

Thanks for your question. I'm not able to share a pbix file with you. However, I can send you this screenshot of the corresponding model. They're connected via the ProductID.Naamloos.png

lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous 

Measure =
[Totaal Voorraadd] * SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Product Sales'[Purchase Price] )

You must use the SELECTEDVALUE or MAX function to determine which row (which value) you want to multiply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ikalawski,

Thanks for your feedback, but it doesn't work yet. Both the table containing al ProductID's and the table with one ProductID sorted by date does not show a total stock value correctly.

QuestionCommunity2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.