Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cparker4486
Helper III
Helper III

How to merge data from multiple reports?

I have been tasked with reporting on email utilization per employee. I know there is a built-in Excange Online connector and I've created a basic report with it using my own mailbox. (It's incredibly slow due to email volume but that's a separate issue.)

This connector will do what I need on an individual level but it means every employee needs to run the report with their own credentials! We're a small company so that might be doable. But even if I do have staff do that, how do I aggregate all that data into another report while simultaneously keeping each individual's report private except to management? If staff publish their reports to a Workspace, that would mean everyone would have access to the datasets and reports there, right?

Please help me solve this technical problem.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cparker4486 , better to bring data together and use RLS

How to use Row Level Security (RLS): https://youtu.be/NfdIA0uS6Nk

This was definitely good to learn for the 2nd half of my task. The 1st hald still remains which is how to get all that data together. I'm getting close to believing there's not an easy way to do it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.