Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RogerSteinberg
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to make the background of a matrix/ table transparent like other visuals

Hi,

Currently we have a few options to choose from under the Style pane in the formating options.

But is there a way to make the background completely transparent so that the matrix or table blends in well with my page background.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah, I see what you're saying.   I was able to remove that portion by going to the Formatting tab, and selecting Style > None.

Then you can go into the Grid formatting section to show/hide the gridlines as you see fit.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Look further down under style.  Matrices and tables have an entire section just for Backgrounds.  Turn that on, and set it to 100% transparency.

snip.PNG

No thats just the background around the matrix and table. background.png

So I went through this and after setting Style to None you'll need to go to Field Formatting and click revert to default.  That will fix your issue.   

lljeffries_0-1635194327569.png

Ah, I see what you're saying.   I was able to remove that portion by going to the Formatting tab, and selecting Style > None.

Then you can go into the Grid formatting section to show/hide the gridlines as you see fit.

@Cmcmahan , great advice. Do you know if, in addition to removing the background color in the cells of a matrix, it is possible to make the "Column Titles" transparent?
(Do not change the color of the text, but make it completely transparent without removing it).

Hi @Cmcmahan ,

So as you said, it's impossible to remove the background of the cells in the table, right?

Thanks.

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Change the style to None and it will work

Hi @RogerSteinberg ,

Thanks for reply, I have changed the style to None, but I didn't find a place to change the transparency.

Is it possible to make transparency to 100%? could you please give a screenshot of this?

Thanks in advance

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

offcourse its possible in matrix,

step 1) Select you matrix table then go to visual=> style presets change to None

step 2 ) Go to general => Effect=>Enable Background => choose 100% transprancy 

I hope this will help to resolve your query.

Regards

MR

You cannot change the transparency of a matrix. You only have options to change the style. None will be the closest solution to what you want to achieve.

Hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.