Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LeanAccountant

How to highlight the first period with missing data

Please forgive me, I#m really new to Power BI...

Is it possible to highlight the first/blank missing entry in a Power BI matrix?

Say last year we have 10 salespeople working 20 days per month and we're tracking the changes in the number of available days and want to conditional format any changes (e.g. annual leave, sick absence, joiners/leavers). I have managed to create a couple of measures to identify the change in the number of days and apply the conditional formatting.

However, if a salesperson leaves and there are no further entries for the salesperson, the matrix is showing the cells as being blank (no more data for that salesperson) and either refuses to apply any formatting (there isn't a zero/blank to format) or it formats all the remaining periods, but I only want the period of the actual change to be hihglighted - e.g. if salesperson A went from 20 days to 0 days in October (and left the company), I only want to highlight October as the period of change, I don't want to highlight October to date.

Hopefully that makes sense and someone can help.
Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

To report on things that are not there you need to use disconnected tables and/or crossjoins

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.