Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

danielcannon

How to fix QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open issue

Puzzling with QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open error: Trying to quick Navigation of this error with technical  tricks. Any effective suggestions? Any tips or solutions  to ensure uninterrupted workflow are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marvincoleman46

Hi @danielcannon 

The issue you are facing appears when trying to open QuickBooks after integrating the program with third-party applications. Even though you haven’t opened the application you can still face this error message. QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open issue that appears due to conflicts between the programs running in the background and the QB program.

So, to fix this issue you need to end those programs from the Task Manager by following the below steps:

1. Open Task Manager on your computer. Then, right click on the task bar at the bottom of your computer.
  2. Move to the Processes or Details tab to look for multiple instances of QuickBooks processes running.
  3. End the QBDBMgrN.exe file in the Details tab by clicking on the End icon.
  4. Close down the processes by clicking on the running tasks.
  5. Follow the same steps again in the Commerce Sync connection.

If you are still facing issues, visit our detailed article that is linked above.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mina_nava66

Thanks for the solutions! I tried all of them, but unfortunately, none seemed to fix the QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open issue . Just wanted to let you know in case there might be another solution or workaround. I'll also be contacting support to see if they have any further insights.

Quickbooks Help & Support.png

joshua21weissma

Hi, @marvincoleman46 

This blog is a gem! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. I'll be sure to check back for more of your content in the future.

Thanks and Regards!

Joshua Weissman

marvincoleman46

Hi @danielcannon 

The issue you are facing appears when trying to open QuickBooks after integrating the program with third-party applications. Even though you haven’t opened the application you can still face this error message. QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open issue that appears due to conflicts between the programs running in the background and the QB program.

So, to fix this issue you need to end those programs from the Task Manager by following the below steps:

1. Open Task Manager on your computer. Then, right click on the task bar at the bottom of your computer.
  2. Move to the Processes or Details tab to look for multiple instances of QuickBooks processes running.
  3. End the QBDBMgrN.exe file in the Details tab by clicking on the End icon.
  4. Close down the processes by clicking on the running tasks.
  5. Follow the same steps again in the Commerce Sync connection.

If you are still facing issues, visit our detailed article that is linked above.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.