Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ruidi1126

How to create an automated flow chart in Power BI

Hi folks,

Using the table as an example below, I would like to create a flow chart in Power BI that will display the ownership of each company. For example, if I enter Co. 2, the flow chart will show it's owned by Co. 3 by 80% and Co. 4 by 20%, then Co. 3 is 100% owned by Co. 6 etc. The idea is like a family tree that shows children, parents, grandparents and great-grandparents all the way from bottom to top. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

CompanyOwnerOwning Percentage
Co. 1Co. 5100%

Co. 2Co. 380%
Co. 2Co. 420%

Co. 3Co. 6100%

Co. 4Co. 550%
Co. 4Co. 650%

Co. 5Co. 6100%
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruidi1126 ,

With the Sankey Chart, you can clearly find the sources, destinations and steps in between and how the stuff flow across them all in one quick glance. You can also interact with it either by clicking the link or the flow itself and leverage the cross highlighting/filtering feature of Power BI to get even more interesting insights in related data.

For example:

vjianbolimsft_0-1689129201676.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruidi1126 ,

With the Sankey Chart, you can clearly find the sources, destinations and steps in between and how the stuff flow across them all in one quick glance. You can also interact with it either by clicking the link or the flow itself and leverage the cross highlighting/filtering feature of Power BI to get even more interesting insights in related data.

For example:

vjianbolimsft_0-1689129201676.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.