Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TLW_STL
Frequent Visitor

How to change sort order of column headings in a matrix?

I have a matrix where the columns across the top are a calculated column for Month.  

Screen shot 2.jpg

The data is displaying is correct, but I would like to reverse the sort order for the columns.  Instead of displaying from left (oldest) to right (newest), I would like the newest data to display at the far left and oldest data at the far right.   Changing the sort on column headings is very easy to do in Tableau, but I can't figure it out in Power BI.

Screen shot 1.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions!!

4 REPLIES 4
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @TLW_STL ,

Yes, you just sort by this column but descending.

Idrissshatila_0-1691780529115.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Idrisshatila, my columns are not a date field.  They are a calculated column.   I do not have an option to sort the dates in descending.  Enclosing screen shot.Screen shot 1.jpg

foodd
Super User
Super User

Please provide your work-in-progress Power BI Desktop file (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question (not as a screenshot).

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

This allows members of the Forum to assess the state of the model, report layer, relationships, and any DAX applied.

TLW_STL
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.