Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MathewIsherwood
Frequent Visitor

How to add Google Adwords Campaigns NOT via ID Lookup

Hello,

I want to create a filter by campaign name on my Power BI dashboard but the only option I can find on the list is the campaign ID. This isn't useful to me as i'd have to do a whole bunch of backend work to download these and crossreference.

Why isn't the campaign name available on the list of options?

2018-08-07_11-48-15.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you add it in your query? Because it's not working for me.

Do you create a new column in query, and then type:

Column = {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:campaign", {"ga:campaign"}, {"Google Ads: Campaign"}}

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MathewIsherwood,

Is CompanName a measure or field? Is it exising in current table?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

ga:campaign is a named dimension in https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/ which gives me the values I want for ga:adwordsCampaignID (also a dimension).

After discussing this on the phone with one of your support people yesterday it looks as though there is an issue between the connector and power bi as the results I see on the above url are not showing in my dashboard. 

Will update this ticket when i find out more. 

Using that category name, I was successfully able to go into my query and manually add it.

{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:campaign", {"ga:campaign"}, {"Google Ads: Campaign"}}

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.