Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AtulsDream
Frequent Visitor

How to Change the different color for Row header in Matrix Visual

Hello Team,

We are using Matrix visual in Power BI Report, which having three hierarchies in row headers as shown below:

AtulsDream_1-1706593620657.png

The issue is, We need to change backgroud color and font color to first two row headers as below (Which we did already).

AtulsDream_2-1706593692047.png

We also need to change the font color for third row header as "Purple", But unfortunately I am not able to do that.

Please suggest any solution for this. We are also using embedded Power BI license, So we can do this by backend as well????

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AtulsDream
Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

I have resolved this issue.

To change the color of first and Second Hierarchy (i.e, Agency Desc and Agency Group Desc), I have make the changes as below:

AtulsDream_0-1706706826561.png

1. From Row Header option, changed the Text and Backgroud color as required.

2. Keep the Branded row color setting as ON

3. To change the color of third hierarchy (i.e Indicator Desc) I have change the setting as below:

AtulsDream_1-1706707039302.png

4. It will change the text color for all available values., If we dont want other columns with same color, we can easily change text color from Specific Column setting.

AtulsDream_2-1706707264637.png

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AtulsDream
Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

I have resolved this issue.

To change the color of first and Second Hierarchy (i.e, Agency Desc and Agency Group Desc), I have make the changes as below:

AtulsDream_0-1706706826561.png

1. From Row Header option, changed the Text and Backgroud color as required.

2. Keep the Branded row color setting as ON

3. To change the color of third hierarchy (i.e Indicator Desc) I have change the setting as below:

AtulsDream_1-1706707039302.png

4. It will change the text color for all available values., If we dont want other columns with same color, we can easily change text color from Specific Column setting.

AtulsDream_2-1706707264637.png

Thanks.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @AtulsDream 

Unfortunately, we don't have a conditional formatting functionality on matrix rows.

There is an idea about this issue please vote for it here:
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=b02bce75-4528-ec11-b76a-281878e62223

This option is available at inforiver visuals, but for pay:
https://community.inforiver.com/tips-tricks/post/conditional-formatting-of-whole-table-rows-using-in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7fCAmjjZc

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.