Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cld32650
Regular Visitor

How do I sync row order of unrelated matrices?

I have two matrices built in the report view that I would like to sync by row order. There is one common column in the matrices labeled "Trace Number", and the remaining columns are calculated measures.

My source table looks like the following, where there can be any number of scenarios, there are always 40 traces, the date spans ~1year, there are currently 57 slots (but this could be added to).

ScenarioTrace Number Date Slot Value
ScenarioA  1/1/2022  SlotX  10 
ScenarioA  1/1/2022  SlotX  12 
ScenarioA  1/2/2022  SlotX  11 
ScenarioA  1/2/2022  SlotX  13 
etcEtcEtcEtcEtc

I have 4 measures, displayed in two matrices. The tables are currently constructed as follows:

Table A:

Trace Number  MeasureA  MeasureB  MeasureC 
1 10 12 12
2 11 9 23
etc etc etc etc

Table B:

Trace Number  MeasureD
1 14
2 54
etc etc

Each table is constructed with measures calculated against calculated tables that filters data from the source table, based on the Scenario. Additionally, both tables use the trace number as row labels from the same dimension table of unique trace numbers. The dimension table has a 1 to many relationship to the source table and both calculated tables which define subsets of data relevant for TableA and TableB.

I want both tables to sort by the trace number - so, if I select the header for measureA so that the table sorts in ascending order, whatever the trace number order is in TableA, I want it to be the same in TableB. Conversely, if I select the header for MeasureD to sort in ascending order, I want the resulting trace number order in TableB to define the row order in TableA. How can I achieve this?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cld32650 ,

Sorry, so far, to my knowledge, this may not be achieveable.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.