Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tryingtohelp121
Frequent Visitor

How do I make sure my date column does not get filtered from a page-level filter?

Hello all, I currently have a date column that I'm using in a measure; however, I have a page-level filter that makes sure the date is only the most recent one, however, for a measure, I want to make it so it doesn't apply to the column when its being used in that measure, I tried the ALL function but I don't know how to make it so that it returns the same column just not filtered.

Thanks.

Objective: Use the Date column in a measure without it being filtered by the page-level filter, which checks to see what the latest date is and returns true if its the case, and false otherwise. This value is currently set to true on the page, so it only retrieves the latest date I want to return the goals scored per day for a specific visual, so I'm trying to create this specific measure that won't take this filter into account for the date. I.E SUM([Goals_Scored]) would return the sum of goals scored per day, and not just for the most recent date.

Currently: It is only getting the goals scored for the most recent date, I.E only one point on a line graph.

Wanted result: The line graph would have points for all the existing dates, which would tell me how many goals were scored on that date.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tryingtohelp121 ,

Since a page-level filter is applied to the report, all the visuals in the corresponding page will be affected by the page-level filter. Unless the fields and measures which involved in the visual does not reference that filter field, and there is no relationship between the table which the fields applied in the visual and the table which the page-level filter field is located. Please review the following links, hope they can help you.

Solved: Make measure ignore specific filter - Microsoft Power BI Community

This is not really an issue. It is clearly explained in this article from Alberto. It is happening because of Auto Exist feature in DAX.

Besides, creating a seperate dimension table is not really a workaround, but rather a best practice. A Star Schema is always considered best when working with Power BI Datamodel. This is what makes it more powerful!

Solved: DAX Measure ignore filter/slicer selection - Microsoft Power BI Community

Could you please provide the scenario of the requirement, some sample data and the final result you want? Later we will see if there is an alternative solution that can achieve the same requirement. You can refer the following links to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.