Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

herwet
Frequent Visitor

How can I only filter one region

Hi, 

I have a DAX challenge im wondering if anyone can help me with. 

The case: 

I am visualizing data for each region. Each region consists of multiple profit centers. In region ACON, I want only some of the profit centers. so far I have this code: 

herwet_0-1651060585602.png

I have specified what profit center I want to include in ACON. However, now the filter is applying to all regions. I want it only to filter the ACON region. 

Hope this made some sort of sense and that there are some smart people that have a solution. Thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @herwet 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

In your code, the filter conditions have been written in the fixed area. So if you want only to filter the ACON region, you can use slicer. 

(1) create the slicer

vxiaotang_1-1651475488876.png

(2) create the measure below

test = IF(ISFILTERED(Slicer[slicer]),IF(MIN('Fact Table'[Region u/ACON]) in ALLSELECTED(Slicer[slicer]),"true","false"),"")

result

1.gif

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-xiaotang, thank you for responding 😊 
I would like to visualize the data in a clustered column chart to compare the different regions and their performance 2021 vs 2022.

This means I need to make a measure for cost reimbursement for 2021 and one for 2022. The issue is that Cost reimbursement for 2021 has some other profit centers than 2022, so I would need to specify these profit centers in the measure. 

Do you know how I can write my DAX for this?

Hi @herwet 

Thanks for your reply.

Usually we need to create a calendar table, put date column from calendar table into table visual, then create the measures like below, 

total= calculate(sum(fact_table[value]),filter(all(fact_table),year(fact_table[date])=min(calendar[year])))

If Cost reimbursement for 2021 has some other profit centers than 2022, just make sure each record of those profit centers has date 2021-xx-xx, then we can find them by expression year(fact_table[date])=min(calendar[year]), finally get the correct total.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Another issue with this case is that profit centers that belonged to ACON in 2021 are now transferred to another region. For example, profit center "334220" belonged to ACON in 2021, in 2022 it belongs to Region Sørvest. Therefore, it is challenging to find the correct profit centers using the date table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.