Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MirandaY

How can I improve the processing time of ArcGis Map in PowerBI

As the subject, I now use an Arcgis Map to help me visualize data. But when I applied a filter to it, it takes at least 2 min to process it. But my colleague do not have that patience to wait. Is there any ways to help me improve the speed? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MirandaY ,

Ensure your data model is optimized for performance. This includes minimizing the number of columns, using appropriate data types, and avoiding unnecessary calculated columns or complex relationships.

If possible, reduce the granularity of the data used in the ArcGIS Map. For instance, consider aggregating data at a higher geographical level. This can significantly decrease the amount of data being processed and thus improve performance.

Examine the filters applied to the ArcGIS Map. Using advanced filtering options or reducing the number of active filters may help improve processing times. 

Interacting with an ArcGIS map that has been shared with you - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MirandaY ,

Ensure your data model is optimized for performance. This includes minimizing the number of columns, using appropriate data types, and avoiding unnecessary calculated columns or complex relationships.

If possible, reduce the granularity of the data used in the ArcGIS Map. For instance, consider aggregating data at a higher geographical level. This can significantly decrease the amount of data being processed and thus improve performance.

Examine the filters applied to the ArcGIS Map. Using advanced filtering options or reducing the number of active filters may help improve processing times. 

Interacting with an ArcGIS map that has been shared with you - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.