Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Powerbing1
Frequent Visitor

How can I create a interactive venn diagram

Hi

I am trying to create an interactive ven diagram the outline draft of how I would like it to look is below:

Powerbing1_0-1620752544285.png

Everything is perfect the only trouble I am having is the venn diagram itself. I have tried to use a pie charts example below to create the ven diagram so i was going to have 6 of these based on the slicers, and when the user selects the chart the table I would want it to filter out the list of products within that pie chart but it isnt working. When I select the pie chart the table isnt cross filtering. Please could you advise on what to do? 

Powerbing1_1-1620752624805.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Powerbing1,

If both common visuals and custom visuals not suitable for your requirement, you can also try to use script-based visuals (r, python) if you are familiar with these scripts.

Venn Diagram with R or RStudio: A Million Ways - Datanovia

How to Create and Customize Venn Diagrams in Python | by Julia Kho | Towards Data Science

Notice: script-based visuals can respond with other visuals' interactions but they cannot directly affect other visuals.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Powerbing1 ,

I think the Venn Diagram by MAQ could be an option for you:

Venn Diagram by MAQ Software (microsoft.com)

Here a video and description of the custom visual:

Power BI Custom Visuals - Venn Diagram by MAQ Software (pragmaticworks.com)

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi Denis,

Thank you, however I already tried using this visual but it is not interactive. I would want the user to select each set and have the table filtered out. For example if I select 1 of the sets in the ven diagram which shows 5 i would want 5 of the products to show up in the table.

Are you able to help me with this?

THank you,

Hi @Powerbing1,

If both common visuals and custom visuals not suitable for your requirement, you can also try to use script-based visuals (r, python) if you are familiar with these scripts.

Venn Diagram with R or RStudio: A Million Ways - Datanovia

How to Create and Customize Venn Diagrams in Python | by Julia Kho | Towards Data Science

Notice: script-based visuals can respond with other visuals' interactions but they cannot directly affect other visuals.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.