Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

freebird28
Frequent Visitor

Hover over when masked

Hello,

I have a visual that is to be displayed only when a certain slicer selection is made. Otherwise it should display a message asking the user to make a selection first.

So, for this I have a white shape on top of the visual and its opacity will be adjusted depending on the slicer selection. Everything works fine as expected. But now, I am being asked if there is a way they can interact with the visual directly - examples would be to hover over the visual to see some information (like a tooltip) or click on the visual to use as a filter/export etc.

I am not sure how to bring this about with the shape masking it.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

Depending on the visual you use, you can try to do the opposite - meaning you adjust the elements of the visual (background color, title color, line color, axis color etc) to be transparent if nothing is selected and having the shape with text on the back.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
freebird28
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much @JoBI.

I followed your trick. It works well for the most part. My visual is a combo chart - bar and a line chart. I am not able to set rules for the secondary y-axis (the line color) to become transparent or white when nothing is selected. So even when everything else is hidden, the green line is seen.

freebird28_1-1695215392535.png

In this case you can try to modify your line measure depending on the slicer selection, for example 

IF(NOT(ISFILTERED(Table)), BLANK(), [Measure]). Would that work?

Hi @JoBI 

I think that is a great idea that would work for me. Thank you so much for your time and responses 🙂

JoBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

Depending on the visual you use, you can try to do the opposite - meaning you adjust the elements of the visual (background color, title color, line color, axis color etc) to be transparent if nothing is selected and having the shape with text on the back.

Hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.