Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

agalbraith
Helper II
Helper II

Horizontal Bar Chart Will Be Deprecated

Help! We literally use this chart on so many of our dashboards as it's a huge space saver to have the text in the bars. I am now getting a message to replace them. Is there anything out there like it or some sort of simple work around for our needs?? Our value labels have been too long to use a normal bar chart.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @agalbraith ,

Thanks to @qqqqqwwwweeerrr  for his prompt reply. I hope the link he gave helped you cope with the problem and you might consider marking his reply as a solution if it was helpful. If your problem has not been resolved yet, could you provide some detailed error messages or screenshots so that we can better understand and resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

qqqqqwwwweeerrr
Super User
Super User

Hi @agalbraith 

Could you please highlight the issue that you are facing, some sample chart.

Is it you issue something related to this:

qqqqqwwwweeerrr_0-1710340603721.png

if so, you can check this video where some workaround is being done: https://youtu.be/nMvCcZLj0jk

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Check for more intersing solution here: https://www.youtube.com/@letssolveproblem

Regards

Hi,

I have a similar problem, the visual is showing that it's going to be deprecated and we use it extensively. No idea if it'll just stop working as clicking for info is pretty worthless. I watched the video work-around above but it won't help me unfortunately as I just have simple horizontal bars with the writing inside the bars and the values on the right. (The video puts the writing above which isn't quite the same.)

I think I can probably fudge it by using transparency and overlaying with a grid visual but it's a bit of a faff.

It all seems a bit bizarre, I'm almost sure this was a Microsoft owned visual so I'm not sure why it's disappearing and not being updated. I can't beleive there aren't more people that are worried about this.

Lozzahoff_1-1711669687353.png

Totally agree!! I just left them for now. I figured if and when they completely turn off I will try the work around or another method. I really don't understand it either. This is such a clean method, it's ridiculous for Microsoft to remove it without another solution.

Hi Agalbraith,

We've found a free visual from Microsoft that'll mostly do what we need (based on my screenshot above). It's called 'Infographic Designer' and although it's a bit more complicated to set up, as you need to sort out the layers, it almost mirrors those horizontal graphs completely (make sure you expand your visual to set it up as the settings screen is only in the visual and you may not see all the settings with a small graph).

So we are going to switch to that and see how we fair. We just can't have the risk of waking up one morning and having 30 reports to change that all have Xs through them.

Thank you!! I will definitely check this out. Appreciate it

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.