Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Help with FILTER measure with data from other tables

Good to all,

I need your help to make a calculation of a table. This is a sum of the value of one table that meets the filter requirements of another related table.

I upload the .pbix and I put the filters to make to get to the calculation.

In the "AATT_Presupuestación and Planning" table, I need to filter by:

• Last date according to the "DataKey" field.
  • "Version # "=CI
  • "Type AATT"=Technical Assistance
  • "Actual end" = current year dates (DATESYTD)

That will give me a sample and I will make a summary of the cmpo "Últ.Nº Horas DID". So this first part I already have with this measure:

CALCULATE(SUM('AATT_Presupuestación and Planning'[Last Did'), 'AATT_Presupuestación and Planning'[Version No]="CI",'AATT_Presupuestación and Planning'[DataKey]=_lastdate,YEAR('AATT_Presupuestación and Planning'[Actual End])=YEAR(TODAY()))
That would be my denominator.
But the numerator is in another table: "service AATT_Acuerdo". And the field I want to add from this table as a numerator is "Total Cost (closure)".
But of course! I don't want you to add up all the "Total Cost (closing)" records. I want you to add me the records of the Technical Assistances that are in this table and meet the filter requirements mentioned above.
I don't know how to do it. I tried FILTER, USERELATIONSHIP... And it doesn't give me the right result.
The final calculation would be "Total Cost (closing)" (with all filters in the table "AATT_Presupuestación and Planning")/"Last Hours DID" (with all its filters.
Attachment .pbix.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

Does your denominator measure work OK? If yes, we just need to create numerator measure, right?

-

Answer:

v-xiaotang_3-1623056619382.png

According to the relationship between the 2 tables,

numerator Measure =

CALCULATE(SUM('AATT_Acuerdo de Servicio'[Total Coste (cierre)]),FILTER(ALL('AATT_Acuerdo de Servicio'),'AATT_Acuerdo de Servicio'[AATT/Proyecto]="Asistencia Técnica"),FILTER(ALL('AATT_Presupuestación y Planificación'),'AATT_Presupuestación y Planificación'[Nº de versión]="CI"&& your other filter condition1 && your other filter condition2))

Besides, one quick example,

v-xiaotang_4-1623057162025.png

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[sales]),FILTER(ALL('Table1'),'Table1'[filter1]="CI"),FILTER(ALL('Table2'),'Table2'[filter2]="BB"&&'Table2'[filter3]="F"))
See sample file attached bellow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

Does your denominator measure work OK? If yes, we just need to create numerator measure, right?

-

Answer:

v-xiaotang_3-1623056619382.png

According to the relationship between the 2 tables,

numerator Measure =

CALCULATE(SUM('AATT_Acuerdo de Servicio'[Total Coste (cierre)]),FILTER(ALL('AATT_Acuerdo de Servicio'),'AATT_Acuerdo de Servicio'[AATT/Proyecto]="Asistencia Técnica"),FILTER(ALL('AATT_Presupuestación y Planificación'),'AATT_Presupuestación y Planificación'[Nº de versión]="CI"&& your other filter condition1 && your other filter condition2))

Besides, one quick example,

v-xiaotang_4-1623057162025.png

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[sales]),FILTER(ALL('Table1'),'Table1'[filter1]="CI"),FILTER(ALL('Table2'),'Table2'[filter2]="BB"&&'Table2'[filter3]="F"))
See sample file attached bellow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.