Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RobertoMonzon
Frequent Visitor

Help to add grand average line in line chart in Power BI

I have a table with three columns: "Workers" where I have the names of my employees, "Stage" where I have the names of the stages where the work process goes, and finally, I have the "Duration" column, which is the time it takes for an employee to complete that stage.

I created a line chart with "Stage" on the X-axis, the average "Duration" on the Y-axis, and "Workers" in the Legend. My chart works as I want it to; it creates points if the worker stays only in that stage where they started, and it creates a line to move to the next stage.

My problem is that I want to create a secondary line to represent the overall average, but it seems impossible. I don't know what to do, and I hope someone can help me.

This is how it looks

RobertoMonzon_0-1715309593402.png

And this is how it supposes to look

RobertoMonzon_1-1715309753678.png

The white dotted line represents the general average per stage, but I made it by making another line graph behind the original and removing the legend. The problem is that it is only a visual effect and eventually when my column has more stages and I have to move with the scroll bar to the right I will not be able to move the graph that is behind

Help me please

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

One way to do that would be to add a fake worker named "Average" to your source data in Power Query or in a calculated table in Power BI.  That would only work if the chart doesn't need to be interactive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.