Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prabhatnath
Advocate III
Advocate III

Help for a visual to Show Parent Child record

Hi Team,

I am getting Work Item details from Azure DevOps that has a single dataset that contains Epic, Feature, UserStory, Tasks.

The herarchy is starting with Top level:  Ecip ->  Feature -> UserStory -> Task.

At present I have one dataset "WorkItems" as below:

WorkItemID | Title | WorkItemType | AssignedTo | Status | StoryPoint | IterationPath | StartDate | ParentWorkItemId 

WorkItemId = The ID of the Work Item

WorkItemType = Epic/Feature/UserStory/Task/Bug

ParentWorkItemId = Parent of the Current WorkItem

If this single table structure will be good to get the desigred visual (as below) or please suggest it will be good if I break the dataset into separate tables (one for Epic, one for Features and one for UserStory) so it will be easy. Please suggest on this.

And please guide me to build a visual that shows as below for those Work Items. And in below if we expand the UserStory the Tasks should be shown.

prabhatnath_2-1707454083739.png

Thanks,

Prabhat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @prabhatnath 

If you use, Power BI Matrix visual, you can achieve the expected visual. 
Please share if you face any challenges for matrix visual and it would be helpful if you share screenshot 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @prabhatnath 

If you use, Power BI Matrix visual, you can achieve the expected visual. 
Please share if you face any challenges for matrix visual and it would be helpful if you share screenshot 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.