Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jja
Helper III
Helper III

Help create relationships on model

Hi

I have folowing tables:

model.png

What i want to do is on table new_components create a column and return linked Treatment value from related data tables.

new_treatment,new_ducttreatment and new_constructiontreatment is a raw tables from dataverse where it contains same tipas Value. table concat_treatment is a concatanated table of those 3 earlier mentioned tables so here Tipas is not unique - it has all Tipas and it's related values from those 3 combined tables. table cust_type is just a DISTICT(Tipas) from concat_treatment table.

in table new_components regarding Padengimas i have it in either 3 Separate columns(based on different Tipas) or i have created a calculated column and Concatenated values from these columns. 

in short i want to relate from table new_components columns Padengimas and Tipas and return related Treatment value.

Can you please help to achieve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jja ,

"in table new_components regarding Padengimas i have it in either 3 Separate columns(based on different Tipas)" is not very clear, but are you referring to three different [Tipas] in the new_components.

You might consider using Power Query – select [Tipas] column - Unpivot Column – to turn it into a column.

vyangliumsft_0-1712636860453.png

vyangliumsft_1-1712636860454.png

According to your description, table concat_treatment is a concatanated table of those 3 earlier mentioned tables, so you can use concat_treatment as a bridge table to connect the rest of the tables to this table via [Tipas].

vyangliumsft_2-1712636879374.png

vyangliumsft_3-1712636879378.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jja ,

"in table new_components regarding Padengimas i have it in either 3 Separate columns(based on different Tipas)" is not very clear, but are you referring to three different [Tipas] in the new_components.

You might consider using Power Query – select [Tipas] column - Unpivot Column – to turn it into a column.

vyangliumsft_0-1712636860453.png

vyangliumsft_1-1712636860454.png

According to your description, table concat_treatment is a concatanated table of those 3 earlier mentioned tables, so you can use concat_treatment as a bridge table to connect the rest of the tables to this table via [Tipas].

vyangliumsft_2-1712636879374.png

vyangliumsft_3-1712636879378.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.