Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Samba777
Frequent Visitor

Help: Unable to load the data while connecting Google analytics to PowerBI

Hi All,

I have connected Google Analytics data into PowerBI successfully, But i am unable to load the data while navigating.

Please see the screenshot below.

Samba777_0-1672662983086.png

Do we need to enable the any option? or am i missing anything?

Please help me out guys !!

8 REPLIES 8
ReportGuru
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Samba777 Seems like the 2.0 beta connector is still presenting some issues. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your G4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Samba777 

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for that i cannot test in my side ! 

As searched, i find similar issue like you . As mentioned, a fast and quick way to problem investigate if its security related or not, use an account with SYSADM authority to connect to the Google Analytics to see if you can see tables.

And For more information you can refer to, i hope it will be helpful:

Google Analytics no data preview - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power Query Google Analytics connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Samba777 

Google analytics connector in Power BI Desktop rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API and the results of queries can't be guarantee. You can refer Use the Google Analytics connector for Power BI Desktop and Limitations and issues. What are the versions of your Power BI Desktop and Google Analytics Core API? And due to the instability of the connection, I suggest you migrating your data to other warehouses.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft : Below are the version am using,

Google Analytics Latest Version is :GA4

Powerbi Desktop is : Dec 2022 .

Please help me out any thoughts here.

Hi, @Samba777 

Thank you for your quick reply!
According to your screenshot, you can see that the connection is successful, that is, the expanded item does not contain anything, you can check whether the data in the query has read permission under the credential, and check whether there is data under the query?
Also, can you try to create a new query and give the appropriate permissions and data for testing?

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft : I am Admin for the Google Analytics Acocunt and do i need to check inside query access?

if yes, Please let me know where is the place to check thedata? or do we have any documentation kindly share.

Thanks

Samba

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Samba777 , I have faced this issue and it turns out permission issue to the user most of the time.

You can also try clear permission in power bi and try again

Go to File-> Options and settings -> Data Source -> select datasource clear permission

Hi @amitchandak , I have cleard the permissions as well, Still am facing the same issue.

Note: I have Admin Access in Google Analytics as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.