Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DevGianArt
Frequent Visitor

[HELP] FILTER DATE DEFAULT START DATE

Hi Power BI Experts,

I would l to see for your help regarding how to have a default start date and end date.
I have a table with date column named icnident date but the filter is is not today by default.

DevGianArt_0-1691489651466.png

DevGianArt_1-1691489688088.png

What I want to achieve is the default date should be the current date and the end date should be the month end date of the year.

example: 8/8/2023 - 12/31/2023 and also I want to be able to adjust the filter for the past 6 years

How to achieve this one? 

Thanks in advance guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DevGianArt ,

Yes, it's possible. You can create a measure for the date slicer.

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[Date])>=TODAY()&&MAX('Table'[Date])<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),12,31),1)

Put the measure into the visual-level filters, set up show items when the value is 1.

vstephenmsft_0-1691646537578.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DevGianArt ,

Yes, it's possible. You can create a measure for the date slicer.

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[Date])>=TODAY()&&MAX('Table'[Date])<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),12,31),1)

Put the measure into the visual-level filters, set up show items when the value is 1.

vstephenmsft_0-1691646537578.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.