Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grouping, I'm not getting it

I am trying to create a table that will look like a spreadsheet for the output but because of multiple people and actions - it's duplicating dates, locations and titles for an incident like so:

Date of Incident   Location      What Happened   Who's involved    Correction Needed    Due Date       Status

1/24/2019               Building A   Wires Exposed    Jane Doe                    Fix wires                           1/30/2019    Completed

1/24/2019               Building A   Wires Exposed    John Doe                    Contact Supervisor   1/30/2019   Completed

I want it to look like this:

Date of Incident    Location     What Happened   Who's Involved   Correction Needed     Due Date        Status

1/24/2019               Building A   Wires Exposed      Jane Doe                 Fix wires                             1/30/2019    Completed

John Doe                 Contact Supervisor     1/30/2019     Completed

I know I'm missing something somewhere but I don't know what.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

Glad to hear you've solved it. please accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gopal30
Helper I
Helper I

Please add some sample data, prefereably a pbix file with sample data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I cannot use OneDrive or DropBox and I don't seem to have the option to upload. Plus due to the sensitive nature of the data - I couldn't send a .pbix file anyway. I sent a sample of what my data currently is doing and what I want it to do in my first  post. Did it come out at all? My report does have several tables that I've joined but I'm sure my joins are good. It should be SO simple.

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try to copy the table and use index column to filter them.Use 'Replace value' to get blank columns and append the two tables in query editor at last.For further,please check attached sample file.

Regards.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give it a whirl.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it to work creating it as a matrix, drilling down all levels and turning off 'Stepped layout' under Row Headers in the format tab.

Thank you anyway!

Hi @Anonymous 

Glad to hear you've solved it. please accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.