Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gzai
Frequent Visitor

Google BigQuery credentials failed

Hi, 

I can't login credential to Google BigQuery.

I've been granted access by another team on Google Big Query.

How to fix this issue ?

Thanks

gzai_0-1709814543180.png

6 REPLIES 6
gzai
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-kaiyue-msft 

I've tried it before, and have tried restart Power BI Desktop several times.

gzai_0-1710214630557.png

Hi @gzai ,

Please try setting Google as your default browser and check your Google Chrome settings to make sure you are not blocking pop-ups. In addition, clearing the browser cache is also a possible solution. Please make sure that important data has been saved before clearing the cache. For more information about network access, please refer to this link: [FIXED] The Network Location Cannot Be Reached Error Problem (techinpost.com).

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gzai ,

Please try to open this setting. After opening, you need to restart Power Bi Desktop to ensure that the setting takes effect.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1710212025258.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gzai
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Syndicate_Admin & @v-kaiyue-msft 

Thank you for your reply.

I've confirmed a few things : 
1. Verify credentials. it's checked, my organization's email account already matches the email name and password.

2. Confirm the access granted. it's checked, my other team granted the right access to Google BigQuery for my account.

3. Check your account status. it's checked, my account status is healthy and not blocked or suspended.

4. Check out the documentation. it's checked, because my other team made that Power BI report and they had confirmed they could access their credentials also to Google BigQuery, I helped them continue their report.

5. Use the Google Cloud console. it's checked, I have tried all queries in Google BigQuery console.

6. Update your SDK/API Client. it's checked, I only use latest version of Power Bi Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024) and setting UseStorageApi = false.

7. Review the error messages. I've tried everything using an office connection, office VPN, personal connection, or re-installing Power BI but the error still same.

8. Contact Technical Support. I have reported errors via Power BI desktop to Microsoft.

I've seen some of links you provided, but everything has been set from the beginning same like information in links.

It seems this error is due to Power BI not being able to open default browser to display Google BigQuery login credentials page.

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gzai ,

@Syndicate_Admin  has already made a lot of good suggestions, and I have some additions that I hope will be helpful to you.

1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet and can access the Google BigQuery URL. Sometimes firewalls or network policies may block access to certain online services.

2. With Coupler.io, you can automatically load data from BigQuery to Power BI on a schedule. For detailed information, please refer to the document: Power BI & BigQuery Connection Step by Step in 2024 | Coupler.io Blog.

3. Here are some links similar to your problem, I hope it will be helpful to you: Solved: Power BI Connection Error with BigQuery - Microsoft Fabric Community, Solved: Data source credentials - Microsoft Fabric Community.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

If you're having trouble signing in to Google BigQuery with credentials provided by another computer, here are some troubleshooting steps:

1. Verify credentials:

• Make sure the credentials you've been given are correct. Verify the username or email address and associated password.
  2. Confirm the access granted:

• Make sure the other team has granted you the right access to Google BigQuery. Ask the team if they've granted the necessary permissions for your account.
  3. Check your account status:

• Make sure your Google Account is healthy and not blocked or suspended. You can try signing in to other Google services to verify this.
  4. Check out the documentation:

• Check the official Google BigQuery documentation to make sure you're using your authentication information correctly. Sometimes, there may be changes in procedures or requirements.
  5. Use the Google Cloud console:

• Try signing in directly to the Google Cloud Console to make sure your credentials are working properly. If you're able to access the console, it's likely that the issue is related to your local environment settings.
  6. Update your SDK/API Client:

• If you're using an SDK or client library to interact with BigQuery, make sure it's updated to the latest version supported by the credentials you're using.
  7. Review the error messages:

• If you receive specific error messages when you try to log in, review them carefully. These messages can provide clues about the problem and how to fix it.
  8. Contact Technical Support:

• If all of the above steps don't resolve the issue, contact Google Cloud Support. They can help you diagnose and resolve specific authentication issues.

Keep in mind that information and procedures may change, so it's always a good idea to refer to the latest Google Cloud documentation and contact support if necessary.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.