Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Freeze pane for table visual?

best alternative to freeze pane? I have a table which contains 15 to 20 columns, what can be the best visualisations that I can use in order to freeze pane for 3-4 columns and view my data set? I can use freeze pane feature in matrix table but not for tables?

12 REPLIES 12
MFelix
Super User
Super User

@SGregory 

You are correct since you didn't start the thread you don't have that option sorry. 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

SGregory
Regular Visitor

These suggestions / recommendations did not answer the intial question nor were they helpful. Could someone please provide an answer?

Hi @SGregory ,

Has I refered in Power BI table visualization there is no freeze pane option you cannot block the first X columns.

Only option is to use the Matrix visualization and all the values you place in the rows will be kept "frozen" and the bar will move on the detail values, keeping the first columns "frozen", however if you have a lots of information and the size of the matriz columns is to big you can have issues and not see any values.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thank you! That does work.

Hi @SGregory ,

Can you please accept the correct answer so that it can help others?

Regards

Miguel Félix

I don't see how to mark as solution?

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anmolgan ,

In PBI there isn't the freeze pane option, as you refer the best option is to use the matrix visual however having a visualization on you model may not be very intuitive.

Be aware that if you select columns that are not numbers you will get the last of first value and when adding more columns you will get more information so the information may not be presented in the best way.

Regards

Miguel Félix

That has caught me out multiple times. Wish they would just introduce the freeze pane for the table visual.

Hi @MFelix thanks for the response, below is a sample screenshot as to what I have, and wanted to best visualize this if possible can you help me find some options here?Screenshot (124).png

Hi @Anmolgan ,

Looking at the visualization you have you can have a multiple way of showing this from the matrix as you are using to the bar charts, are you aware of the drill down possiblities in PBI using the hierarchies on visualizations?

That will allow you to show condensed information but with the possibility of going a level lower if you want as you make in pivot tables in excel.

Regards

Miguel Félix

@MFelix  Can I show the same visualisation in matrix format with freezed pane?

Hi @Anmolgan ,

All the values you place in the rows/column part of the table will be the ones that will be similar to frozen pane.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.