Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sudhav
Helper V
Helper V

For slow process of visuals, what could be the reason??

I am using direct query and the data is very high,and after creating the visual also it is taking time to load. what could be the reason??

please answer me my dear professional

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @sudhav ,

Please refer the following blog on why DirectQuery can be slow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-use-directquery#important-considerati...

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@sudhav Can you use import? DQ connection depends on if you have on-prem data, your data gateway, internet performance etc., and on top of it, what kind of DAX measures you are using and how many visuals you have on the page. It is best practice to have a few visuals on the page if you are using DQ.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @sudhav ,

Please refer the following blog on why DirectQuery can be slow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-use-directquery#important-considerati...

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.