Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mist
Frequent Visitor

Filter by more than one control

I'd like to be able to filter by a combination of controls at once. Is this possible?

For example, here's a page I'm working on:

PowerBIsample2.png 

I'd like to be able to click on a column in the team plot and a column in the year plot so that the data in the remaining plot is filtered by both. Currently when I click the second plot, the first filter is removed. Is this possible and if so how? I know that sliders kind-of give me that functionality but I'd like it directly from the plots.

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mist I have been waiting for that long. Not possible at this stage by just clilcking on the visual.

However what you can do is drop fields from your team and year plots onto 'Report level filters' under 'Filters' section on 'Visualizations' pane. Doing this you will have forward and backward dependency. So when you select a value from first filter second filter will be updated and vice-versa and your plot / visual will display accordingly.

I could not get this to work @ankitpatira. Here's a snapshot of how I setup a (different) page with the Report level filters as suggested. Any idea what I've done wrong?

snip_20160419132651.png

Thanks for the quick reply @ankitpatira. I'm not quite sure I understand but I will have a play with it and see.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.