Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PowerBl

Filter based on fields

Hello, 

Imagine I have several fields (actuals, business plan, forecast 1, forecast 2, forecast 3)

I now have a graph with the 5 lines in them but I would like to have a filter where you can select 1 or more and only those lines will show up. (for example actuals versus business plan)

is it possible to filter on the actual fields instead of data in those fields? 

thanks for the answer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @PowerBl,

It is possible to achieve this using measure slicers. You can go also choose to use field parameters which provide the same functionality and are much easier to implement. Here's a link for your reference:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

I have also posted a file in the Themes Gallery which uses measure slicers to do something very similar to what you want. Take a look : Forecast Period - Graphical Comparison

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Check out this blog of mine: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PowerBl

This is exactly what I needed! Thanks a lot. 

Had to turn on the parameter fields in the preview section, didn't know we had this. 

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @PowerBl,

It is possible to achieve this using measure slicers. You can go also choose to use field parameters which provide the same functionality and are much easier to implement. Here's a link for your reference:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

I have also posted a file in the Themes Gallery which uses measure slicers to do something very similar to what you want. Take a look : Forecast Period - Graphical Comparison

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Check out this blog of mine: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.