Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mangchaaBI
Helper II
Helper II

Filter Out or Tag a Sales Order with a Specific Item on it's Order Details

Hi everyone,

Been trying to learn new things with PowerBI lately, and I just hit a bump road with creating a measure or a calculation that would satisfy my current needs

So if if I have list of orders and their corresponding items in my datasource, in the example below.. how can I exclude a specific order with an ItemCode = Red or Blue so as the result I would get would just be Order-00003 which has the ItemCode Green on it?

mangchaaBI_1-1663120159704.png

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mangchaaBI ,

new measure =

var _tab = summarize(filter(Table, Table[ItemCode] in {"Red", "Blue"}), [Order Code])

return

calculate(Sum(Table[Qty]), filter(Table, Table [Order Code] in _tab ))

use this with order number

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

1- My main Table is Shet193

2- Create the duplicated Table that is just included ItemCode (I named it Sheet193ItemCode)

3- I did create the measure in main table as below :

ExcluseActivity193 =
Var _SelectCnt = COUNT(Sheet193ItemCode[ItemCode])
Var _SelectIn = if( max(Sheet193[ItemCode]) in ALLSELECTED(Sheet193ItemCode[ItemCode]),1,0)
Return if(_SelectCnt <> 3,
          if( max(Sheet193[ItemCode]) in ALLSELECTED(Sheet193ItemCode[ItemCode]),              1,              0),           0        )
4- Create Slicer on Sheet193ItemCode column :
MahyarTF_0-1663124868345.png

5- Then create the Matrix on the original table and put the Filter that ExcludeActivity193 is 0 :

MahyarTF_1-1663125254378.png

This is final Result :

MahyarTF_2-1663125282571.png

Appreciate your Kudos

Mahyartf

Hi @MahyarTF was able to recreate what you've done, but one minor problem is that if I select LAB then only the line item for Labor shows up (if the Order has other items on it) I may not have mentioned this initially but if an order has items other than the filtered items, they should still appear in my list

Vice versa, if I uncheck the items that I want to filter out, the entire Order should also be filtered out including the other items on it

mangchaaBI_0-1663128266638.png

mangchaaBI_1-1663128280340.png

It was nice to see working it on a filter btw! 

Hi,

I think I missed that mentioned you need to delete duplicated records in Power Query for the new table.

It means you have to have 1 record for each value in the duplicated table.

Then do the rest :

MahyarTF_0-1663130841931.pngMahyarTF_1-1663130858699.png

Appreciate your Kudos.

Please Mark as a solution, if it helps you

Mahyartf
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mangchaaBI ,

new measure =

var _tab = summarize(filter(Table, Table[ItemCode] in {"Red", "Blue"}), [Order Code])

return

calculate(Sum(Table[Qty]), filter(Table, Table [Order Code] in _tab ))

use this with order number

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks and I was able to identify the items that I want to identify, but how do I go about filtering them? 

Say if I only want to show all order records that has the item (but should also show all the items on that order and not just the item we added on the search) 

vice versa, if I want to filter them out - they should also filter out all items on those order or basically the order should not show up

mangchaaBI_3-1663128698396.png

Ah ignore me! I was able to do the filter now and seems to be working fine! but would love to know if it's possible to set the items as variable list and do filter by items using a slicer visual - although atm it works as intended.. thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.