Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lilsaint

Facebook as a Data Source

Hello guys, has anyone tried using facebook as a data source in power bi and how did they go about it? I have about 9 business pages that I want to connect to and report on their performance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lilsaint ,

It seems that the Facebook connector is gone for real since April 2020, if you want to connect data on Facebook to Power BI, you can use Google Sheet and here is the link about how to use it: How to connect Facebook to Microsoft Power BI | by Paul Vella | Ones & Zeroes | Medium

Another method is that you can use a web connector with Facebook API.

vyilongmsft_0-1710468797231.pngvyilongmsft_1-1710468830365.png

I think you can also read this topic for a further study: Solved: Facebook Analytics (connector) - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Lilsaint as other comment mentioned, Fb native integration to PBI is not available anymore so you will have to connect using some M code or using an external connector, which I think it's the best option because it saves you a lot of time. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Facebook Ads connector in the data sources list:

FACEBOOK-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Facebook Ads account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your FB fields:

FACEBOOK-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. The same applies if you wish to connect either Facebook organic or Facebook Leads connector

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

EugeneLebedev
Helper III
Helper III

You can either write your own code to extract data from Facebook or you can get this code off the shelf. Here is a ready-made solution for connecting Power BI to Facebook Ads: https://vidi-corp.com/facebook-ads-connector-to-power-bi-looker/

v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lilsaint ,

It seems that the Facebook connector is gone for real since April 2020, if you want to connect data on Facebook to Power BI, you can use Google Sheet and here is the link about how to use it: How to connect Facebook to Microsoft Power BI | by Paul Vella | Ones & Zeroes | Medium

Another method is that you can use a web connector with Facebook API.

vyilongmsft_0-1710468797231.pngvyilongmsft_1-1710468830365.png

I think you can also read this topic for a further study: Solved: Facebook Analytics (connector) - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.