Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ajithrjaa
Frequent Visitor

FILET THE DATA ACCORDINGLY INACIVE RELATION SHIPS

Hi Team,

Lossing the Values BZ of inactive relationship in between the two relationships.
I have a cenario like 3 table Table 1 and Table 2 Table 3

in table 1 and table 2 havineing a two relation ships one is active another one is inacive.
and table 2 and table 3 having a relation ship one to many filet both direction.

Ajithrjaa_0-1714785947821.png

I in my list of values in my slicer I can able to see the active reation ship values from the table3.

But I want list active and inactive values from the Table3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ajithrjaa 

In a data model where the fact table contains multiple date fields like in your case (start date and end date for example) it is important to have your calendar table as a "disconnected table" with your fact tables.  Having it as a disconnected table (with no relatinoship) will enable you to perform flexible duration analysis using both start date and end dates.  Please have a look at the article below which discuss the use of disconnected calendar table in a headcount analysis which has similar start date and end date as your fact table data.  

https://p3adaptive.com/finding-the-magic-part-2-on-the-way-to-data-happiness/

Best regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ajithrjaa 

In a data model where the fact table contains multiple date fields like in your case (start date and end date for example) it is important to have your calendar table as a "disconnected table" with your fact tables.  Having it as a disconnected table (with no relatinoship) will enable you to perform flexible duration analysis using both start date and end dates.  Please have a look at the article below which discuss the use of disconnected calendar table in a headcount analysis which has similar start date and end date as your fact table data.  

https://p3adaptive.com/finding-the-magic-part-2-on-the-way-to-data-happiness/

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.